Research Is Important In Digital Marketing
Market research can win or break your online business. It is no doubt that it is an essential element in determining the success of your online business.
I’ve seen many people out there were blindfolded by the word “fast cash”. As a matter of fact, this is only a subtle tactic that lures people into a false belief. When they are blindfolded, they tend to skip the most crucial step of setting up an online business, which is market research. The reason why many people skip this step is because they overlook the importance of it.
They perceive this step as an option. This can be understood. It is because market research is the mastermind behind the curtain that navigates your online business. Most people only see the player on stage, but fail to recognize the mastermind behind the curtain. That being said, many people only focus on building a nice looking landing page and driving traffic to the landing page.
Here is a question to ponder on. Without market research, how does an online marketer knows the pain of their audiences? Without having a deeper understanding of the audience, how does an online marketer craft a compelling landing page to draw the audience’s’ attention? All these cannot be achieved without a proper and thorough market research.
Market research is able to give online marketer a rudimentary understanding on their audiences. This step in not only important. It is essential. This step is able to determine the success of your digital marketing agency business. The reason why it is so important is because it serves as a way for the online marketer to have a deeper understanding on their audiences. It enables the online marketer to understand the pain and desire of their audiences. When the pain and desire are understood, it makes it a lot easier to speak to their languages that resonate with them.
The reason why I mentioned it will determine the success of your online marketing company business is that, it helps online marketer to see the deepest pain of their audiences. From there, build a bridge to connect their pains to the ultimate solutions (which is the products or services that you are trying to sell to your audiences). Without it, it is no way the bridge can be formed. There will be no sale if there is no bridge that connects the pain to the solutions.
Digital marketing is the advertising and promotion of businesses and their brands through digital media channels. Digital media, at the moment, includes websites, social media, radio, television, mobile and even forms of traditionally non-digital media such as billboards and transit signs. Essentially any marketing media that is delivered electronically is considered digital marketing.
This leaves only various forms of person-to-person (P2P) marketing, print advertising and direct marketing outside of the digital marketing umbrella. Even then, print ads,direct mail, print directories, billboards and posters are all starting to connect to their digital counterparts. With items like URL landing pages, QR codes, web banner advertising, online directories and text codes, traditional marketing and advertising almost always has a digital marketing connection.
Nowadays, people spend a considerable amount of time over the internet. The boom of social networking websites in recent years has attracted more and more people to their desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
According to recent surveys, it is estimated that an active Facebook user spends an hour on Facebook each day on an average. People nowadays spend more time on internet compared to the past decade. Internet has become an indispensable part of the lives of many. Digital marketing too exploits this situation to the maximum.
Digital marketing techniques are implemented via many means. These techniques make use of search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and also adopts methods like email marketing, creating websites, banners etc.
Advantages of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing
• As already discussed in the introduction, the greatest advantage of digital marketing is that it facilitates the scope of monitoring online campaigns, which is otherwise not possible in the case of traditional marketing techniques.
• You may make the analysis of your online campaign right from the start and can determine its progress that too in real time. Real time analysis can be done in matters related to determining traffic to your website, knowing conversion rates and many others.
• Creating inquiries, generating visitors, reaching your target audience, branding related possibilities and many other benefits are associated with a digital marketing agency.
Traditional marketing is devoid of all these benefits. Once you have implemented a campaign in traditional marketing system, it is difficult to perform tweaks or other customizing options.
• World wide exposure – The information that you share can be accessed from any part of the globe. Even you can determine or make a preference over your target locations.
• Compared to traditional marketing, the cost of setting up a digital campaign is very less.
• In order to implement a digital marketing campaign, your essential requirements are a computer, internet connection and an in-depth knowledge in digital marketing.